Contact us

+234-905-286-3506

Call to place your adverts on CHIDERA360 blog!!!

Thursday 19 April 2018

I Gave My Belt To Be Used As Senate Mace – Sani

The senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, today said he gave his waist belt to serve as a mace for senators to continue plenary after thugs invaded the chamber and made away with the mace.

Senate plenary on Wednesday was disrupted after suspended senator, Ovie Omo-Agege, stormed the chamber in company of suspected thugs who stole the mace. Narrating what transpired before a new mace was brought into the chamber in a Facebook post, Mr Sani wrote,

“The Senate invaded. Mace taken away. Deliberations on whether to adjourn or not. I and others insisted that the Senate must not adjourn. I removed my waist belt and lay to serve as a mace for us to continue. My colleagues seconded. Then a spare mace brought in and the session continued. Good drivers are not known when the road is smooth.”

No comments:
Write comments

Hey, how would you like to recieve emails about news updates and recent happenings.
Join Our Newsletter