Contact us

+234-905-286-3506

Call to place your adverts on CHIDERA360 blog!!!

Monday 12 November 2018

How Photographer Disappointed Nollywood Actress

Trolololo i never see! Wow!! Here's what Nollywood actress, Lilian Afegbai claimed happened between her and a photographer in Abuja. This had better not be true...

She wrote; Part 1 :
It’s my birthday but I really can’t explain how I feel.
A lot of times people do things to me and I try to always find ways around it when it hurts. I might not have so much money but those who know me would testify I like to pay for my shit.
Most times people send me dms, they want to do free stuff for me but I never really agree, I would rather pay and get the best.

I reached out to @byjaru I wanted to do a shoot for my birthday, I told her it wasn’t convenient because I just finished producing my second film and I spent so much, she asked what I wanted to look like, I told her. She sent pictures, I just got back on ajoche and I had to shoot my backlogs because I took few days off work.


She sent pictures, I told her to just pick and send to me which she did. She asked if I would fly her to Lagos but she had preferred if I come down to Abuja. I asked repeatedly can you deliver?? if the timing is short let me know so i find someone else. She said it was okay that I should buy my ticket for Sunday first flight. That was last week, before I got the 7am flight I kept on checking on her if everything was still on Point.

She sent her different package for shoots. I chose the package I wanted and negotiated.it amounted to 200k, I sent her a 100k and was to balance her when I come. My flight was for 7am which meant I had to leave my house 5am bare in mind I haven’t slept because I shot all through the night. I asked her a night before, is everything ready “She said yes “ I told her I will come to Abuja but I can only leave that same day because of work. She said it was perfect. I asked repeatedly can you deliver, if the timing is short let me know so i find someone else. She said it was okay that I should buy my ticket for Sunday first flight. That was last week, before I got the 7am flight I kept on checking on her if everything was still on Point. She said yes. I got to the airport, and she sent a message saying we have to move the shoot to Monday. I was so upset because she sent the message so nonchalantly like she didn’t respect the fact I had to get back to work.

Part 2 :
She said she couldn’t finish everything blah blah, I told her immediately I saw the signs. You should have told me so I find a way around it. My family thought I was being extra flying to Abuja for my shoot. I told my brother and cousin, I had to because there was a specific look I wanted. I got 3 offers for a free shoot in Lagos including Nonistics offering to make me 3 outfits. I refused, telling them I had to go to Abuja. I transferred her balance, I begged her to please get everything in order so I can still shoot and leave on Monday.

I had to get a hotel, most places I liked were fully booked. Finally I got that sorted. Monday I went to the studio and everything looked disorganized, it felt like she was just getting a photographer and videographer that morning. I kept calm and just watched. There was no hair stylist but she did everything herself. Somethings I expected I didn’t get, but at that point!! I just said anything goes for now. At least it’s still fine. We finished the shoot late so couldn’t make my flight had to reschedule. I told her my birthday was on Sunday and I needed the pictures and video before then. She said okay. I tried reaching her since Wednesday, finally she replied yesterday, saying she’s in Dubai that the photographer’s system crashed and that I will get my pictures. I asked for the photographer’s number, she refused to send it.

I kept sending messages, calling. She finally stopped replying. This morning she’s telling me it’s not possible to get the pictures and videos. She can do a free shoot when she gets back. WOW !!!!!!!!!Little things makes me happy, I don’t have to buy a private jet to be happy, but when you think you are too good and can do whatever you like, act unprofessional, that’s unacceptable.
I’m a human being, she’s telling me it’s just pictures, she’s sorry. The unprofessionalism in Nigeria is crazy and sometimes I wonder. Let’s say the money wasn’t convenient for you. Then don’t take it. Let’s say the timing wasn’t good enough, then don’t do it.
I regret working with you @byjaru you wasted my time, money and played with my work.
#lessonlearnt #unprofessionalism




No comments:
Write comments

Hey, how would you like to recieve emails about news updates and recent happenings.
Join Our Newsletter