Contact us

+234-905-286-3506

Call to place your adverts on CHIDERA360 blog!!!

Friday 11 November 2016

Woman Battling Sleeping Beauty Syndrome Sleeps 22 Hours A Day

A rare condition means a woman sleeps for up to 22 HOURS a day – and still feels tired.

Over the course of the year, there are 8,670 hours – and Heather Reed snoozes for around 8,030 of them.

“It certainly has an impact on my life,” said Heather, 37, speaking during a precious conscious hour.

“I feel like a ghost in my own life.”


Heather, from Nova Scotia, Canada, has been battling two debilitating conditions - myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) and Kleine-Levin Syndrome (KLS), also known as Sleeping Beauty syndrome - for more than seven years.

Shockingly, her illnesses, which are not believed to be related, developed virtually overnight.

Before then, she says: “Before I was sick, I was a conservation biologist working for Parks Canada.
I owned my own home and my own car and I was a graduate student. I lived a really active, very mentally and physically engaging life.

No comments:
Write comments

Hey, how would you like to recieve emails about news updates and recent happenings.
Join Our Newsletter