Contact us

+234-905-286-3506

Call to place your adverts on CHIDERA360 blog!!!

Sunday 16 April 2017

Being Yoruba, Igbo Has Helped Me- Yemi Alade

In a short chat with Sunday Scoop, African known Yemi Alade has expressed how being from the Yoruba tribe and at the same time from an Igbo tribe has helped her. Speaking to the reporter she says it has being a plus and has helped her connect easily.

“You cannot underestimate the importance and role of tribes in Nigeria as it is taken very seriously. I am very proud of my heritage as an African and I try to portray in every way that I can and everywhere I go. Being partly Yoruba and Igbo is a big plus for me as it has helped me to connect with both cultures. However, I believe that both cultures are inextricably intertwined because they share a lot of similarities,” she said.

Yemi also stated that her first hit, Johnny was released by mistake. She said, “I was in the studio with Selebobo and we were just goofing around trying to come up with a nice sound. The first line for the song just came out playfully and I continued. I never thought that it would become a hit and if not that the song was leaked, I may never have released it.”

No comments:
Write comments

Hey, how would you like to recieve emails about news updates and recent happenings.
Join Our Newsletter